Little Red Retro


Our blog is all about
life as seniors, our love of camping and so much more. It's named after our sweet little red Riverside Retro RV - our very first camper. We hope to share ideas, campground info, recipes and just thoughts and feelings. At this stage in life we are going through so many changes and we hope to share our journey and learn from others as we navigate this time in our lives.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

We Lost our Camping Mojo....

I know others this has happened to!  I've seen lots of campers for sale over the years and many of them in fairly new unused condition.  We said that wouldn't be us but life happens.  This is the first winter that we haven't camped at all....none....nada.  I see Little Red outside our kitchen window and I want to go hang out and when I do I immediately feel the pull the get him back out on the road.  But then I go back inside and the idea passes.

I have to admit that photos like the one above from Myrtle Beach State Park give me the fever and make me want to load up and go.  This has happened to us for a couple of reasons one of which is our health and Greg's work comes in a close second.  As older campers, being able to move and have energy is key.  If we had a huge comfy camper then it might not be as important but with our little guy we have to plan on what we are actually able to do.  If we have bad weather the close quarters are definitely an issue.

Well spring is here and we are determined to get back out there even if its not with the vigor we once had.  Our first year and a half we camped almost every month - if Greg had a weekend off we were camping.  Now we're being realistic about our new situation and just hoping to get a week trip in along with a few weekends over the summer if possible.

I also believe that our desire for a little bit larger Retro is weighing in on our decision.  We really need a walk around bed and I would love to have a dry bath but those are dreams for down the road.  Every time we camp we spend time walking around the park checking out other campers and set-ups.  I well remember the years we were camping in tents and just dreaming of the day we would have a real camper.  Now we have one and we need to enjoy it when we can.  We are truly campers at heart and I'm hoping that will never change. We even camped on our honeymoon!


We are hoping our next outing will be either in North Carolina, possibly Bryson City, or the beach.  We'll keep you posted as always with lots of pictures.  Lucy is excited too!!  I'm so looking forward to this view again.  This is one of our very favorite state parks in SC - Devils Fork.  I'll update when we have our plans set up and as always we will see you on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment