Little Red Retro


Our blog is all about
life as seniors, our love of camping and so much more. It's named after our sweet little red Riverside Retro RV - our very first camper. We hope to share ideas, campground info, recipes and just thoughts and feelings. At this stage in life we are going through so many changes and we hope to share our journey and learn from others as we navigate this time in our lives.

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Camper Decor....Oh My....

We have decided to agree to disagree on this topic.  Greg likes things clean and clutter free with no or few doodads.  I love knickknacks and all sorts of goodies - especially anything retro/vintage.  One of the things that drew me to RV camping was all of the pictures on blogs and Pinterest of beautifully decorated campers..by the way I admit to being Pinterest obsessed!! A link to mine is above.  You can find all sorts of things like this one on Etsy.  Sadly for Greg - I have a Cricut Machine and I'm not afraid to use it!!  Even when we tent camped I liked to make the tent homey and the kids loved to set up their little space too.

So we now have a garage full of the contents of Little Red.  He has already been dropped off at the dealer and we should be picking up the Premier next week.  While I don't want to clutter the new guy up, I do want him to feel as homey as Little Red did.  If you've ever had the opportunity to walk in one of the Retro RV's then you know there is the smell of wood and the cozy factor is way up there.  I will admittedly miss that and I want to compromise in getting the "cozy" into this new camper.  Our kids have given us so many amazing camping goodies and they will be put to good use in the new guy.

Then there's also the issue of a new name.  We obviously can't call this guy Little Red although I do plan to keep that name for this blog and Instagram for Lucy Loo.  We will always be Little Red because that's how we started our RV life.  So what do we name this big guy?  That may take some time and we may have to try him out first to come to a conclusion.  It's fun coming up with ideas and hopefully we can agree on one.  😊

Well we are getting more excited each day to get back out on the road.  We're thinking our August trip will be to Savannah and the new CreekFire Campground.  If you haven't heard of this campground do check it out.  It looks like a really fun option.  I'll keep you posted and update here as soon as I know more. See you on the road....

No comments:

Post a Comment